Achieve new dimensions with us
Cladding refers to the process of building up welding zones, which also includes laser deposition welding. In this method, the material to be welded can be matched exactly to the load case, in terms of hardness and mechanical properties. The process is suitable for the production of high-alloyed layers and of free-form structures and can therefore also be assigned to the “3D printing process”.
The most important advantage of laser cladding is that you can adjust the welding in small tolerances due to the precise laser. The welding is CNC-controlled and guarantee very high reproducibility.
The advantages of laser cladding
- Production of functional coatings on less expensive base materials, unalloyed construction steels or cast materials
- Targeted application of the wear protection layer
- Low heat load
- Low reworking costs
- The cladding material is optimally adapted to the type of wear
- The base material remains unaffected in function and property
- Very fast processing
- High reproducibility of series parts through automation